For the past couple of months the blog took a back seat. Basically, since KDD, I have had very little time to write. I have been on the road quite a bit and my trip to KDD unleashed a number of research ideas that I have been following up. I will post on the latter over time as the results mature.
I have also dropped the ball answering many of the emails and comments I have received. I have caught up with the blog email now. Usually I try to reply very quickly and I apologize for those that have had their question unanswered for a very long time. Below are some of the things that have been going on in the past couple of months. I will blog about them in more details very soon.
- KDD summary
- Talks at ACM KDD-SIG and Oracle's Server Technology Seminar
- Talks at the BIWA Summit
- Talk at University of Rhode Island
- Oracle Data Mining 11g
- Analytics in Oracle Open World
- SAS in-database analytics announcement
- Data Mining and OLAP integration